Employee Spotlight: Sherry Karter

This week's Employee Spotlight is with Sherry Karter, our Accounting Manager! She's answered a few questions so that everyone can get to know her a little better.


Tell us about your history with Peachtree.

I got started with Peachtree when I was the assistant to the Comptroller of a software engineering firm in 2007 who was working with Peachtree to implement their new sales order processing system. I was interested in making a change as my job was being phased out as the result of a merger. About the same time, Peachtree’s long time Accounting Manager had decided to leave to pursue other interests. So you might say the stars were aligned so that I was able to come to Peachtree with my first task to complete the new software setup and then transition to take over the position.

I’ve been working at Peachtree for over 10 years now. My job is to handle the usual accounting duties that are common to all companies but new things have been added to my job description over the years. Many of our customers have been moving to new technical systems and software that ties directly into what I do as Accounting Manager so I’ve had to dive head first into implementing new programs and procedures. I’ve always been in a position of office manager/bookkeeper with small companies for all of my career.

What are your top three favorite books, any genre?

That’s an impossible question for me as you could probably throw out any number of titles or authors that would be on my favorites list. I will say, though, that I’m a Stephen King junkie so any title of his always works for me. I also love murder mysteries/detective stories and anything with vampires, witches, werewolves and other such delightful creatures!

If you could be a literary character for a day, who would you be?

Scout Finch from To Kill A Mockingbird so I could spend a day with Atticus.

Who is your hero or role model and why?


My wonderful husband, Harry. He is the kindest and most thoughtful and generous person I have ever known. After decades of marriage, his greatest quality has always been the ability to make me laugh even in the most difficult times.

What is your favorite thing about working at Peachtree?

Seeing new titles when they come in is always wonderful but I would have to say my favorite thing about Peachtree is my coworkers! We have a great team here and we work very hard, but we find time to have fun too. We have a dozen or more staff members who are big fans of Game of Thrones so a few years ago we established our GoT weekly lunch so we can all get together and discuss the latest episodes and theories of what’s to come. We have our favorite characters and some of us have house banners hanging in our offices. I was dubbed the “Master of Coin” for obvious reasons.

In your position, what do you consider to be your secret weapon?


I think everyone here including me would say multi-tasking as we are all master jugglers in each of our positions. But for me personally, I’d say diplomacy is probably my secret weapon as I interact with people from every aspect of this business. My grandmother taught me long ago, “you catch more flies with honey than vinegar” and she was right. And I called her Honey!

Do you have any big interests or hobbies that you focus on outside of work?

Reading is my hobby. Everyone in my house knows that when I have settled into my reading spot, do not even attempt to talk to me or you will talk to the hand.

If, in an alternate reality, you were to have gone a completely different career route, what would you have done?

I love music as much as reading, so probably something in that field. In that alternate reality I would have been a much better piano and guitar player than I actually am.



For more behind the scenes interviews, check out the Employee Spotlight with our Warehouse Manager!

Feel free to write any questions or comments for Sherry below!

Labels: , , ,