Peachtree Spotlight: Courtney Hood


Peachtree Publishers is made up of some wonderful, talented people. We get to be around each other, working together every day, but everyone else is missing out! So for the next few weeks, we are going to be highlighting some of the people that make Peachtree what it is today.

The first person to enter the spotlight is Courtney Hood. She answered some questions so everyone could get to know her and her position at Peachtree a little better.

Tell us about your history with Peachtree.

I started as an editorial intern 10 years ago before being hired to work full-time in the sales and production departments. My initial responsibilities included order entry and customer service in sales, as well as assisting our Production Manager. I now oversee the entire order process and manage school and library author events for the sales department. I am also in charge of reprints (analyzing stock, getting pricing, initiating purchase orders, etc.) for the production department, and am the Awards Coordinator (shipping review copies and coordinating with awards committees). It’s not uncommon for employees to work in multiple departments at small publishers like Peachtree, but I might take it to the extreme.

What are your top three favorite books, any genre?

I don’t think that I can choose just three, so let’s narrow it down a bit. My three favorite children’s books are The Westing Game, Number the Stars, and the Harry Potter series.

If you could be a literary character for a day, who would you be?

I want to live in the Harry Potter wizarding world, even for just one day. I don’t even care which character (ok, maybe not a Death Eater), I just want to hang out in Diagon Alley and do magic.

Who is your hero or role model and why?

My Aunt Rebecca worked in publishing for a long time and was the first one to encourage me to channel by love of books into an actual career.

What is your favorite thing about working at Peachtree?


The books. I love the books that we create and I’m proud of the work that I do, getting such wonderful titles into children’s hands. We also get signed copies of every title Peachtree publishes, which is fun.

In your position, what do you consider to be your secret weapon?


The ability to multitask is a big plus when you technically work in three different departments.

Do you have any big interests or hobbies that you focus on outside of work?

I wish I could say something interesting like treasure hunting or synchronized skydiving (is that a thing?), but my life is pretty simple outside of work. I mostly spend my free time hanging out with friends and family, reading, and watching Netflix.

If, in an alternate reality, you were to have gone a completely different career route, what would you have done?

I was very into dance when I was younger. If I had had a bit more talent and a thicker skin, I would have loved to dance for a living.


Write your questions or comments below!

Labels: , , , ,