|Click here for full recipe: http://www.werecallingshenanigans.com/2013/06/14/red-white-and-blue-strawberries/|
Summer is in full swing, and we hope your July Fourth weekend is filled with sparklers, fireworks, picnics, and maybe even a day at the beach!
As a special treat, here is one of our favorite Fourth of July recipes that kids will be sure to love!
July 4th Chocolate Covered Strawberries
12 large strawberries
4 ounces of white chocolate
1/4 cup blue sprinkles
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper and pour blue sprinkles into a small bowl; set aside.
- Melt white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for only 30 seconds at a time and stir in between to avoid burning. The chocolate is ready when it is melted and smooth.
- Hold strawberry by the stem and carefully dip about 2/3 into chocolate. Make sure to leave a portion of the red strawberry visible near the stem.
- Right after covering the strawberry with white chocolate, dip the fruit halfway into the blue sprinkles so that blue, white, and red are all still visible on the strawberry.
- Place strawberries 1-2 inches apart on the parchment paper and refrigerate until chocolate is set.