You've heard the expression, "put your money where your mouth is." But what if we literally did that?
Check it out:
Looks a little like this…
Right?! And who doesn't love caramel popcorn?
Here’s a recipe for edible gold to snack on while reading about the Alaskan Gold Rush in Alison Hart’s Murphy, Gold Rush Dog!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 quarts popped popcorn (microwave or stove-top is fine!)
1. Preheat oven to 250°F
2. Put popped popcorn in a large bowl.
3. In medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
5. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Then, boil without stirring for 4 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla.
7. Pour in a thin stream over popcorn, stirring to coat.
8. Place in two large shallow baking dishes and bake in a preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, for 1 hour.