|Photo by Jill Dubien via canadianfamily.ca|
You know who else loves adventure? Mouse from Can I Come Too?
With a few healthy ingredients and some circle-cutting skillz, you can make a tasty snack to accompany your Can I Come Too? story time.
This one's so cute, you might buy a cage for it and name him Paul.
- 1 Boscoe pear (those are the brown ones!)
- 1 slice of cheddar cheese
- 2 round, thin slices of carrot
- 1 strip of green onion
- Cream cheese
- String cheese
- 1 sharp knife
- Wash the pear and slice it in half so it lies flat on the plate.
- Pull apart one strip of string cheese and slide it under the back of the pear to create a mouse tail.
- Using your knife, cut several small circles out of the cheddar cheese.
- Dab a little cream cheese on the small end of the pear; press one of the cheddar cheese circles onto the cream cheese. (This will make a mouse nose!)
- Use two dabs of cream cheese to make mouse eyes above the nose.
- Using your knife, cut two horizontal slits into the top of the pear above the eyes.
- Stick the carrot slices into the slits to make ears.
- Cut two more slits--this time they should be vertical and on either side of the nose.
- Take your green onion, chop it into 6 smaller pieces.
- Stick three onion slivers in the left vertical slit and three in the right.