Behind the Books: It's Turtle Time

Welcome to the blog, Melissa Stewart! 



This is the sixth and final (at least for now) book in the A Place for . . . series. When I submitted the proposal for A Place for Butterflies to my editor way back in 2001, I had no idea that I was embarking on an incredible 12-year journey.



I have learned so much while researching and writing these books, and I’m delighted that the series includes an insect, a mammal, an amphibian, a reptile, and a variety of fishes and birds. Hopefully, children who read these books will come to understand that the creatures around us face many challenges, and that by working together, we can make a difference.

As my titles suggest, my greatest hope is that there will always be a place for the vast array of living things that share our planet.
 

(cross-posted from Melissa Stewart's blog)

Labels: , , , , ,