Happy Leap Day!

Leap Year happens but once every four years--so take the time out today to celebrate it!  I personally plan on leaping everywhere today instead of walking, and I'll tell you, it's made the office much more interesting today.  


I was trying to decide what books go best with Leap Day, and I thought, "who likes leaping more than frogs?  No one, that's who!"


So in honor of today, the unofficial mascot of Leap Day--the frog.



A Place for Frogs by Melissa Stewart, illustrated by Higgins Bond.


The Horned Toad Prince by Jackie Mims Hopkins and illustrated by Michael Austin
I learned today that toads are actually a type of frog.  Either way, their both bouncy amphibians!


Night of the Spadefoot Toads by Bill Harley
This chapter book about conservationism focuses on our Leap Day friends!

Labels: , , , ,