I have a tiny kitchen with no counter space, so I was mildly worried, but this recipe was so easy and needed very little room to make it. It's a perfect recipe to make with your kiddos.
- One package of sugar cookie dough
- assorted fruits. (I went with mango, kiwi, and strawberry)
- one 8oz package of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- lemon juice (I substituted this for lime, since I tend to prefer it.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut the cookie dough into 5" sized cookies and place them close together onto a baking sheet (I used my baking stone) in the shape of a circle.
3. Press the cookie dough together to make one giant cookie. (This was my dream as a kid!)
6. Once the cookie has had a chance to cool, spread the cream cheese mixture over it like the tomato sauce on a real pizza.
7. Cut up the fruit and place on top of the pizza.
8. Eat and enjoy!
Lichen noted that it just isn't a Fruit Pizza without bananas and strawberries, I stand by my choice of mango and kiwi though. You can see their own version on their blog here. http://blinkblots.blogspot.com/2010/07/red-white-and-blue-dessert.html
Do you have your own version of Fruit Pizza or another dessert you love? Share it with us!