- It's really hard to read at the dog park.
- When your friends come over to read with you, it is a ton of fun, but very little reading actually gets done.
- 24 hours is a really long time.
- When you think, "I'll sit and read in bed," you're actually going to fall asleep, so read in a chair in the living room instead.
- Being home alone reading to yourself all day makes you do silly things like read to the dog (or your blog readers), just to hear a human voice.
- Being a cheerleader is a sweet deal. Sign me up for that next time!
- You won't actually have time to read as many blog posts and twitter feeds as you would like.
- Participate in lots of challenges. It's a nice way to break up the reading.
- Your mom reading to you over the phone counts. It's like an unofficial audio book.
Monday, April 12, 2010
Amateur Night at the Read-A-Thon
My first ever Read-A-Thon is over, one manuscript, one middle reader, a picture book and a young adult memoir later. Here are a few things I learned to keep in mind for next time: